If you have any questions, or want to check, change or update your membership details at any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately you may write to us at: Foxfield House, Chichester Road, West Wittering, Chichester, West Sussex PO20 8QB UK.
What information do we collect?
When you get in touch with us to make a donation, request information, or otherwise support us, we collect and securely store the personal information you supply to us.
This may include the following:
- your name and job title,
- contact details including email address,
- date of birth,
- demographic information such as post code , preferences and interests.
- where you have made a donation to help us support patients with lipoedema, the appropriate financial information from you to complete a transaction, and process your donation.
How do we use this information?
All personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. We use this information to:
- provide you with the service or information you have requested
- keep you up-to-date with our work and offer opportunities for you to get involved
- improve our service to you
- inform you of what we believe is relevant information
- tailor and personalise communications and notifications to you.
The use of your information enables us to keep you informed of how your support is helping to achieve the charity’s aims. You may receive communications from us about our work which may cover our research, news, our appeals, fundraising activities, and other initiatives you might want to hear about or get involved with.
Where you have provided us with your email address and have given us permission to contact you via this address, we may on occasion use your email address to communicate with you via social media sites.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. We take great care in the selection and implementation of appropriate security measures and controls, to keep your information protected and safe.
Controlling your personal information and your consent.
When you register with us, you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age, or a minor acting with parental consent.
You have the right to request to see all personal information that we hold about you. The law permits us to charge you a fee of £10 for providing this information. If you would like to exercise this right, or have any concerns about the personal information held on you, please let us know. For example, any personal information that you inform us is incorrect will be amended or deleted, as appropriate.
You can check, change or update your details and preferences with us at any time using the email contact details at the top of this page.
We will NOT sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission to do so.