Lipoedema Members Conference & Workshop 2018
Friday Evening 29th June – Welcome Reception and AGM 6.30 p.m
Saturday 30th June – Day 1 Registration 9.00 a.m. Programme 10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m. £25
Saturday 30th June – Members Dinner 7.30 p.m. – 10.00 p.m. £25
Sunday 1st July – Day 2 Programme 10.00.a.m. – 3.30 p.m. £20
Activities ran from Friday night through to Sunday afternoon, with a mix of expert speakers, both healthcare professionals and people living with lipoedema, discussion groups, workshops, exercise options from walks along the river to gym, pool and yoga and much more…
- Yoga (seated/chair and floor mat options)
- Swimming pool access for swimming/walking/floating at your leisure or…
- Aqua sessions – higher energy options and balance/relaxation including Aqua Stretch™UK
- Gym tasters/tours – curious about gyms? Talk to the friendly staff and try out equipment
- Lipoedema UK compression research feedback
- Compression 101 – garment combinations & styles suited to lipoedema, pros and cons, aids to get into and out of garments, newer options & compression manufacturer feedback
- Nurse Advisor measuring sessions for those who need a personal recommendation for their GP to prescribe – (reservations will be available for individual consultations approximately one month prior to the conference).
- Nutrition – basic recommendations on what to eat, challenges and concerns in planning out your personal choices
- Psychology & eating – food is so much more than fuel!
- Differing experiences of surgery & recovery
- Post-surgery life – discussion groups on the impact of surgery on body image, emotions, physical changes, exercise.
- Lipoedema UK research results & new liposuction publication
Sharing & Fun
- Laughter yoga – exercise some other muscles and feel great!
- Lymphatic drainage – self lymphatic drainage techniques and the role of MLD therapists
- Exhibition marketplace – handle compression garments, meet suppliers of garments, pumps, therapies etc
- Making personal plans for optimising your lipoedema management
Meeting old friends and making new ones who understand living with lipoedema.