Please note the BLS members discount has been extended to May 31st 2016.
Lipoedema UK’s first conference for Allied Healthcare Professionals brings together leading international experts on treatment for lipoedema patients and explores the challenge of providing surgical treatments for lipoedema, weight reduction, treatment guidelines and evaluating the results.
Many patients with lipoedema are desperate to find ways to prevent the condition advancing especially as in the later stages it can have a severe impact on their mobility and quality of life. Even in the early stages lipoedema can have a devastatingly detrimental affect on a young woman’s self-esteem and self-confidence. So far most CCG bodies have refused to fund liposuction on the NHS, classifying it as a cosmetic procedure, but many patients find liposuction the only solution many being forced to fund it themselves and travel abroad for treatment.
- Professor Dr. Wilfred Schmeller and his team Dr Yvonne Frambach and Dr Axel Baumgartner from the Hanse-klinik Germany will be presenting on their method of tumescent liposuction and their long-term results.
- Mr Alex Munnoch and Miss Anne Dancey will be speaking about the surgical options they are offering patients in the UK.
- Dr Harry Voesten brings experience of operating on severe cases of lipoedema in the Netherlands. Catherine Seo will be speaking on her work with Dr Mark Smith and the Lipoedema Project in the US who are treating patient with Professor Stutz’s method of WAL liposuction.
- Dutch Researchers, Dr Robert Damstra, physiotherapist Axel Hendrickx and Dr Harry Voesten will present the findings of their study comparing conservative treatments for patients with lipoedema to those with obesity. They will also present the Dutch Guidelines for the Treatment of Lipoedema.
- Dr Vaughan Keeley, brings shares his experiences of weight loss programmes at Derby Teaching Hospital and the effects of bariatric surgery.
- Lipoedema UK’s Nurse Consultant, Denise Hardy will lead a presentation on how to understand the differing need of compression for lipoedema patients and Julie Cuneen will focus on pre and post op compression treatments and her work with Anne Dancey’s patients.
- Professor Peter Mortimer, Lipoedema UK’s Patron and Dr Pia Ostergaard, Senior Lecturer in Human Genetics at St Georges University will share progress on the latest phase of St George’s genetic research into lipoedema.
For anyone interested in the helping the many women who are suffering from lipoedema, this is a unique opportunity to hear a balanced overview of treatments from leading specialists.
*BLS members discount has been extended to May 31st 2016.
RG2 0GQ GB
Event terms and conditions