Support Lipoedema UK
Support the charity working on your behalf
We are working on your behalf to revolutionize what happens to lipoedema patients in GP surgeries around the UK. We also work with renowned international experts to make a worldwide impact.
Here are some of Lipoedema UK’s recent and ongoing activities:
- Lipoedema UK sponsorship of the Royal College of GPs E-learning course on lipoedema
- Producing and distributing free leaflets for Lymphoedema Clinics and Allied Health Care Professionals (AHCP).
- Representing patients at major UK Primary Health conferences
- Raising the profile of lipoedema nurses through BJN Chronic Oedema Nurse of Year Award 2017
- Collaborating with St Georges Hospital Trust, London on their genetic research programme
- Authoring and advising on articles for publication in the press and medical journals
- Helping sufferers learn how to exercise and stay healthy
- Hosted a major international conference in 2016 on Liposuction for Lipoedema for 300+ people
- Collaborating internationally with surgeons and health care professionals all across the world.
- Encouraging research and better treatments to find a cure
- Creating partnerships for future major international medical conferences and co-operation
- Regular member’s newsletters with updates on news and events
Help us make major steps forward for Lipoedema sufferers:
£25 p.a. UK Patients, Clinics and Therapists membership
£35 p.a. overseas membership
Or get involved in the following ways:
Donate – Help us fund Lipoedema UK’s activities so that we can raise awareness amongst the general public and medical profession.
Events – Visit our information stand at exhibitions, special events, and conferences throughout the year.
Conferences – Join our membership and get access to specialist speakers at our conferences.
Participate – In Lipoedema Awareness Week in early June each year
- Lipoedema Awareness Week June 5-11, 2017
Legacy – Support Lipoedema UK with a Legacy gift.
What better legacy could there be than knowing you are helping generations of women by supporting our fight to raise awareness, discover more effective treatments and help fund vital research to find a cure. There are tax benefits to leaving a gift from your estate to a charity. Contact your solicitor about the process. Our visit: www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/overview.